4.3 Vasanta-pancami — The supremacy of Śrī Rādhā’s prema and vasanti-rasa

Home Forums Nectar of Govinda-lila 4.3 Vasanta-pancami — The supremacy of Śrī Rādhā’s prema and vasanti-rasa

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gita dasi 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

The discussion on this thread is on the first part of Chapter Four of Nectar of Govinda-lila, pages 62 to 70 in the fourth edition.

Click here to read this section online.

Or click here to download the pdf of the fourth chapter.

#2655 Reply

Anita

What an amazing summary of the Vasanta rasa! It is so sweet how Srila Gurudeva describes the moods of Sri Radha and Krsna. It made me think about how mana nourishes prema. All the sweet pastimes that followed would not have happened if Sri Radha did not go into mana.

#2656 Reply

madhukar das
    Keymaster

Yes, all glories to Radharani’s mana!

Something interesting at the end, which I don’t quite understand. Gurudeva says “..we will silently remember this vasanti-rasa”. What do you think he means by that?

Although we do not have the qualification to engage in sravana and kirtana of this topic, in brief we have tried to describe this rasa and what sentiments of love came in it. Tasting and tasting this, just see how the condition of Mahaprabhu became! It was a wonderful thing! Svarupa Damodara and Raya Ramananda would describe it to Him. I am only an ordinary person full of anarthas, but in that place where Svarupa Damodara and Raya Ramananda are describing this, Krsna Himself, full of radha-bhava, will be there as a listener in the form of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and He receives so much ananda from it. Therefore we will silently remember this vasanti-rasa, and when one day genuine spiritual greed arises in our hearts, we will be able to directly serve this rasa.

#2685 Reply

Gita dasi

Excellent question, Madhukar prabhu. Srila Gurudeva has given opportunity for us to do sravana of this to us despite our lack of qualification, but besides that I also want to know the answer to this. 1st sravanam, 2nd kirtanam, 3rd smaranam, then comes pada-sevanam…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: 4.3 Vasanta-pancami — The supremacy of Śrī Rādhā’s prema and vasanti-rasa
Your information: