3.2 Worship Me and Offer Obeisances to Me — Three examples of ideal worship to the Lord

Home Forums Nectar of Govinda-lila 3.2 Worship Me and Offer Obeisances to Me — Three examples of ideal worship to the Lord

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  madhukar das 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

The discussion on this thread is on the first part of Chapter Three of Nectar of Govinda-lila, pages 41 to 50 in the fourth edition.

Click here to read this section online.

Or click here to download the pdf of the third chapter.

#2622 Reply

madhukar das
    Keymaster

A point struck me when I read this on page 45

The instruction of this sacrifice is that puja should be done exclusively for the service of Hari and with full knowledge of the soul (atma-jnana). Then Bhagavan will be pleased. Prthu Maharaja performed these sacrifices for the protection and welfare of all living entities, and therefore for the pleasure of Bhagavan. If this prime factor, this service, is not there, then Bhagavan will never be satisfied. This service was present in the worship of Prthu Maharaja, as it is in the worship of the gopis and all other great devotees.

Sometimes we hear of the different devotees of the Lord who most perfectly executed each of the nine limbs of bhakti. For example, Sukadeva is famous for kirtanam, Pariksit Maharaja for sravanam, Prahlad Maharaja for smaranam, etc.

The example always given for perfect arcanam is Prthu Maharaja. And really we can see how grand his arcana was from Srila Gurudeva’s description. Probably no one on this earth has ever performed such a high level of arcana. But just before he was about to complete this huge worship, he gave it all up in one second. From this we see how his sole objective was the Lord’s pleasure and nothing else.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  madhukar das.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: 3.2 Worship Me and Offer Obeisances to Me — Three examples of ideal worship to the Lord
Your information: